The Etiquette Ambassador ™ Collegian Etiquette and Image workshops prepare students to enter into the workplace with ease and confidence. Through our onsite workshops, students expand their education by learning business etiquette, image and social skills to help enhance relationships with future employers and new colleagues. From the classroom to the boardroom, students are set up for success as they learn how to apply consideration, respect and honesty to enhance their career success!
“Had I been led to an etiquette lesson prior to interviewing for my first jobs out of college, entry into the workforce would have gone a lot smoother”. T. Smith, Entrepreneur
Dining With Impact
Employers want to see if young professionals are capable of discussing business while protecting the company image. This explains why so many client meetings and interviews are held over a meal. In this workshop, students will learn to pass the test and dine with impact. They will gain a great amount of confidence and ease making dining with class easy!
Participants in this workshop will learn:
- Top 10 dining etiquette tips
- Acts of chivalry and how to respond to them
- The requirements when the graduate is a host, hostess, or guest
- Proper seating etiquette and how to order and eat difficult foods
- The secret tips for navigating place settings
- Continental and American styles of dining
- Grooming and appearance for social, business and family style dining
- When to discuss business
* This seminar can be taught with or without a meal.
Networking Equals Opportunities
Networking can be extremely effective when collegians apply the principles of etiquette. This seminar teaches students savvy, proven guidelines for successful networking that when practiced, lead to new opportunities and employment. Students will learn how to navigate venues with poise and confidence to produce the best possible outcomes.
Participants in this workshop will learn:
- Appropriate greetings, introductions and conversation skills for networking
- A crash course in telephone, cell phone and social media communication
- Dressing and grooming for business casual and professional events
- How to prepare for job fairs
- “Elevator Pitches”
- Networking etiquette for cocktail socials, fundraisers, trade shows, etc…
- How to write a professional thank you note and RSVP guidelines
- Body language guidelines to project confidence and leadership
Interview Etiquette: Skills to Get You Connected
Several factors like a well positioned resume gain the interests of potential employers, but it is people skills that help connect the job candidate with the interviewer. From how to answer difficult questions, to dressing for the job, are addressed in this information packed seminar. The more professional skills students learn, the greater their chances are for walking into an interview with poise.
Participants in the workshop will learn:
- Appropriate attire for men and women
- The business handshake, proper introductions, and protocol for business cards
- The protocol for after the interview takes place
- Tips for participating fully in phone and face-to-face interviews
- Best practices for attending a job fair
- Common interview questions asked in interviews
- How to connect with the interviewer
Civility and Etiquette in the Workplace
First-class manners in the workplace result in increased levels of productivity and a more courteous workforce. Students will participate in a fun-spirited learning environment that fosters team unity and prepares them to positively stand out on their first day at a new job!
In this workshop participants will concentrate on:
- Expectations, accountability and business essentials
- How to manage and respect shared spaces
- Telephone and technology etiquette
- Meetings, conferences and trade shows
½ and full day workshops available.
Group sizes: Up to 100 students.
Private coaching also available.
Etiquette Ambassadors ™ Collegian Etiquette and Image Program workshops compliment the needs of:
- Educators, conference organizers, facilitators
- Campus clubs, sororities, fraternities, professional organizations, retreat centers
- National, regional and local conferences
- Non-profit organizations
- Students seeking private coaching for job readiness
I met you recently over the weekend at the Young Professionals in Agriculture Symposium. It was such a pleasure to have you come teach us Cal Poly students. In fact, you were my favorite presenter. I really enjoyed your presentation and useful tips about business and dining etiquette; I did not know that there were professionals who excelled in those subjects until last Saturday. I have always wondered about the proper things I should have or should not have done while I was in a business environment. Now because of you, I will feel more confident whatever the occasion may be. I would like to extend a warm thank you because you just happened to amaze me. Perhaps you can come back to Cal Poly and teach us something new! I hope we can keep in touch and that I can come to you for great advice about business and dining etiquette.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California
“Thank you for coming and speaking at our Poise, Polish and Style event. We had such a wonderful time! A student said that she hopes you will speak again next year. Another said she learned a lot and that you did a great job presenting your materials. The whole event was great and that we enjoyed learning about the topics and how quickly we can apply them. Blessings!”
-Fresno Pacific University S.I.F.E Club
“What a treat your presentation in our Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, CA Managerial Leadership class was. Your energy and enthusiasm on the topic of etiquette and presentation of self was contagious! I was enlightened with some new ways of handling what could become awkward situations. The “b & d” rule has been a lifesaver! I believe that everyone should have a basic training course in etiquette.
-Annalisa Marie Clark, Student, California State University San Luis Obispo
Brandman University, Visalia, CA
Fresno State University
California Polytechnic State University
Fresno Pacific University
Milan Institute, Visalia, CA
San Joaquin Valley College
To schedule seminars at your location or to obtain more information, please contact Tiffany Nielsen at (559) 280-9859 or by email at email@example.com