Our etiquette workshops prepare college students to enter into the workplace with boosted confidence. Through our onsite programs, students will enrich their college education by obtaining business etiquette and social skills to help them successfully navigate etiquette behind interviews, business social events, and networking.
“Had I been led to an etiquette lesson prior to interviewing for my first jobs out of college, entry into the workforce would have gone a lot smoother”. T. Smith, Entrepreneur and client
Introduction to Dining Etiquette
It’s not uncommon for businesses to conduct interviews over a meal. In this workshop, students will learn dining etiquette, and emerge confident to interact professionally during a meal.
Participants will learn:
- Seating etiquette and table mistakes to avoid
- How to order from the menu and what foods to avoid during an interview
- Tips to navigating place settings and using cutlery
- European and American styles of dining
- Grooming and appearance
- When to discuss business
* This seminar can be taught with or without a meal.
Networking Equals Opportunities
Networking can be extremely effective when collegians apply principles of etiquette to create new connections that can lead to opportunities. This seminar teaches students the business etiquette side of professional networking and the do’s and don’ts to building new business relationships.
Participants in this workshop will learn:
- Greetings, introductions and conversation skills
- Cell phone and social media etiquette
- Dressing and grooming for business casual and professional events
- How to prepare for job fairs
- “Elevator Pitches”
- Networking etiquette for cocktail socials, fundraisers, trade shows
- How to write a professional thank you note
- Body language
Interview Etiquette: Skills to Get You Connected
Several factors like a well-positioned resume gain the interests of potential employers, but it is people skills that help connect the job candidate with the interviewer.
Participants in the workshop will learn:
- Appropriate attire for men and women
- The business handshake, proper introductions, and protocol for business cards
- Tips for participating fully in phone, Zoom, and face-to-face interviews
- Common interview questions
½ and full day workshops available.
Group sizes: Up to 100 students.
Private coaching also available.
Collegian Etiquette and Image Program workshops compliment the needs of:
- Educators, conference organizers, facilitators
- Campus clubs, sororities, fraternities, professional organizations, retreat centers
- National, regional and local conferences
- Non-profit organizations
- Students seeking private coaching for job readiness
I met you recently over the weekend at the Young Professionals in Agriculture Symposium. It was such a pleasure to have you come teach us Cal Poly students. In fact, you were my favorite presenter. I really enjoyed your presentation and useful tips about business and dining etiquette; I did not know that there were professionals who excelled in those subjects until last Saturday. I have always wondered about the proper things I should have or should not have done while I was in a business environment. Now because of you, I will feel more confident whatever the occasion may be. I would like to extend a warm thank you because you just happened to amaze me. Perhaps you can come back to Cal Poly and teach us something new! I hope we can keep in touch and that I can come to you for great advice about business and dining etiquette”.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California
“Thank you for coming and speaking at our Poise, Polish and Style event. We had such a wonderful time! A student said that she hopes you will speak again next year. Another said she learned a lot and that you did a great job presenting your materials. The whole event was great and that we enjoyed learning about the topics and how quickly we can apply them. Blessings!”
-Fresno Pacific University S.I.F.E Club
“What a treat your presentation in our Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, CA Managerial Leadership class was. Your energy and enthusiasm on the topic of etiquette and presentation of self was contagious! I was enlightened with some new ways of handling what could become awkward situations. The “b & d” rule has been a lifesaver! I believe that everyone should have a basic training course in etiquette”.
-Annalisa Marie Clark, Student, California State University San Luis Obispo
Sacramento State University
Fresno State University
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Fresno Pacific University
Milan Institute, Visalia, CA
San Joaquin Valley College
Brandman University, Visalia, CA
To schedule seminars at your location or to obtain more information, please contact use here.